Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 13, 2010

** sorry for the delay. This one is a week late. Roo didn't give any explanations of the pictures but I'm sure if you read her letters they will make more sense. -andrea











Hi Friends, Family and random people who read this!

T* K* got baptized! He is the most amazing 18-year old I have ever met. He is going to be the best missionary in the history of the world. So I got to go down to Mound City to experience his baptism. I loved it. I loved every second of it. I'm pretty sure he is going to be an Apostle someday. :)

We have a darling Hispanic family that is preparing for baptism. The mother came to the Visitors' Center yesterday and had an incredible spiritual experience. I know she (and her children) have been prepared by the Lord to, not just accept, but fully live all of the commandments. She is addicted to the scriptures and has been responding to spiritual promptings. We love them so much and are so excited to see them progress!

I got attacked last night by Sister Smith and companions. Nerf gun. Little did they know I would fight back! Then I found out they had taken a video of the whole thing. I wish I could put it on here. It was hilarious. Who says you can't have fun while serving a mission?

E. Cisternas and I gave talks in church on what we learned in Conference. I love giving talks. It was a lot of fun. I talked about how Heavenly Father answers our prayers when we are specific. Well, all the time, but it's more obvious when...oh, I don't know how to explain.

Community of Christ is having their big World conference this weekend. They are voting on some interesting topics. I am so grateful to know that President Monson and his counselors and the quorum of the 12 are men called of God, men who receive revelation for the entire Church. The entire world. I know they will never beat around the bush or tell us what we want to hear. They are prophets, meaning they will tell us Truth. 100% Truth.

We met with our bishop last p-day to talk about ways the ward can work more closely with the missionaries. It was so good. An issue in this ward is that most of the members are converts, some very very recent. And there are not many people who can train others in their new callings. So it's been interesting. What a difference from what I grew up in--families who have been members of the church since the 1800s. I love it out here.

I want you all to know that I love you. I know Christ's Church has been restored. This is it. Do whatever you can to tell people about it.

Hermana Adamson

PS My new favorite artist is a man who goes by Rolling Turtle. He is a delegate for the Comm. of Christ. He plays the mandolin. Look up his stuff. He is rad!! I gave given him 2 tours now at the VC. He sang to us and played his mandolin. Best day of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hymn conversion chart!

    http://www.lds.org/cm/Hymns_000_Espanol_HymnCrossReference_spa.pdf

    ReplyDelete