Monday, November 22, 2010

November 2, 2010 "HalloWeek"


A Paul Mitchell advertisement taken in our bedroom. I gave Sis Power full freedom to do whatsoever she wished to my hair. It got in the way of my napping capabilities, so I had to take it out.

This awkward one of sis Power and the Bishop's son is hilarious! Bishop teased him about sitting too close to the sister missionary and they both moved. The painting in between of Christ was done by Bishop's wife. She is amazing!

Bishop got this fun toy for his birthday, so his son made it into a suicide drink. He had so mnay liquids in him by the end of the night. He does not recommend anyone combine 4 drinks like that, by the way.

Liberty Jail key. It's a miracle how we have it. A woman in the community wrote in her will to give it to the "Mormon Jail" when she died.




My beautiful companera modeling the new curls look for Fall. This is out front from the house we live in. Babelicious.


Talent show at Bishop's. My companion can literally lick her nose, no problem. Love her.

Our costume for a couple of seconds--elders! All day at church we wore each other's nametags.

3 generations! I've beena "grandma" for several months now. I trained Sister Howe (who is currently one of the sherriffs at the jail...aka sister leaders) and there's my lil' baby, Sister Glade. Mission lingo is lame, I know. Get over it.


We went to the Community of Christ temple last P day. This is a photo of us right before going into the middle of the big spiral. The field is certainly white! Just add water. Maybe our tour guide from there will be next.

Jump-starting our car. We happened to run into two members of our ward. One had cables. One knew how to use the cables. Thanks, Heavenly Father. Perfect timing.


Hey everybody,

Welcome to this week's edition of "What's Going on in the Life of Hermana Adamson?". Thanks for joining us. Here are the highlights and lowlights. In fact, let the lower lights be burning. Send a gleam across the wave.

We were walking back to our car to head home for the night, and I spotted a man in the road. He looked friendly enough. Possible future bishop--you know the type. I was out of pass along cards and my companion was about 20 feet closer, (I know!! Terrible!) and so I told Sis Power to give him one. She approaches him and starts talking to him. He goes, "Are you guys sister missionaries?" I got all sorts of exciteds because it's always a plus when people have a smile in their voice and ask that. Keep in mind, it's really really dark and I can't see his face. "We are! Do you know anyone who is Mormon?" He laughs and goes, "I'm in your ward." I knew I had a good feeling about him.

We've had a few of those "I feel like we need to go stop by and see_____" experiences where unplanned activities turn into miracles. Love those.

2 exchanges this week. I got to be with my old companions! With Sister Howe, we ended up raking someone's leaves. I had never done that before. It killed my back and since then, I have been sleeping on the ground. It's my new favorite discovery! It's just like when Shayla and Donny would come down and I would be "stuck" on the floor. Secretly, it's my favorite way to sleep. Well, secret's out. You now know one of my darkest ones ;)

Interjection: My companion's mom just wrote her and said she (Sis Power) voted by absentee ballot. Sister Power's like "Who did I vote for? I'm so glad I'm not involved in the political garbage that's pa-rob-ably going on in this country." She makes me laugh so hard! ... and she even got a sticker. She has everything.

We were unfortunately not able to spend much time in our area this week. With sicknesses flyin' around every which way, we keep taking shifts for other sisters at the Jail. Then the new sisters got to take their big annual History Trip to Far West and Adam-Ondi-Ahman, so I was on shift from 9AM to 9PM. Long. Fun, though. It's good to serve others.

We had a neat practice at our district meeting where our Zone Leader was the investigator, our District Leader was the observer and Sis P and I taught. When we did the first one, it felt off. It seemed so shallow, so robot. We did it again, having our ZL be himself, just taking on characteristics of someone he knew. It was amazing. I love how charity works. I remember at the MTC when E. Holland came, he said, "The Holy Ghost cannot and will not bear testimony of superficiality and phoniness." We were having such a difficult time in that first practice because it was all planned out. When he answered our questions honestly and naturally, it made all the difference. I love the new way they are having us apply Preach My Gospel. And I appreciate my mission this week because I have learned how real the voice of the Holy Ghost is. He will always be there when Truth is around. It's up to us to clear out our hearts and minds to hear the way He teaches us.

Several of our investigators have disappeared this week. With the holiday, many people were not home or had to cancel appointments. Meh. You win some, you lose some. We have one more with a baptismal date! 12- year old B*** will be baptized on Nov 10th, which is rare because it's a Wednesday. Bishop approved to have the youth put on the "show". They will plan talks, make the refreshments, type up the program, fill the font. Everything. Isn't that so great! I love involving the youth. How else will they become the leaders we need them to be? I have loved working with so many different personalities and people. Kids these days know way more about the Atonement and what it means than I did when I was young (er---I'm still young). It's taken me years and years and years to figure any of it out. I know it works, though. And I know through Jesus Christ, we can be complete, whole, healed, happy. I feel like 5-year olds are learning that in Primary these days.

Sis Power said the most interesting thing this week that made me think. She suggested we should give at least 10% of our time to the Lord, like we do with Tithing. I got out my calculator. If we are awake for let's say...13 hours of the day, then that's 780 mins. We should be giving the Lord 78 mins a day, at least. I loved that idea. So if you do an hour of personal study plus about twenty more minutes where you are thinking about the Savior or doing service or something good...that's my challenge to you. If you feel like you have drifted from the Lord, He is a little more distant, then do this challenge with me. I'm excited to see the results. It's only 10% :)

"Does it strengthen you to share the Gospel with others?"- Gospel Principles teacher
"I feel like Hercules!!" - recent convert

I want to end with a quote, but it will take too long to type, so I will email it as a photo.

I love you all. Know that I am not ashamed of the Lord, Jesus Christ. I, like Paul, am His soldier. I love being a minister for this work. God is in charge. I can testify of that. He is so pleased with us when he sacrifice our hearts to Him. Blessings are out there waiting! Don't forget: almost being obedient is almost getting the blessings.

-Hermana Adamson


No comments:

Post a Comment