Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This Little Piggy 6-24-09

So I got the swine flu? But seriously. They're lying to you when you watch the news. There are way more cases than you think!

Thurs- I went to bed with a sore throat.

Fri- I woke up with a bad sore throat and a bad cough, barely endured class. Lunchtime came around and I felt funny. I had a jacket on, but feld super cold. I had juice bumps. Sis Card was like "we should get you checked." Yikes, no thank you. I don't want to be quarantined! At the front desk, they took my temperature. 102 degrees! Hmmm, turns out I felt fine! I was like doin' cartwheels (not in my dress, of course, totally inappropriate.) They forced me to wear this mask that might as well say, "Don't look at me. You'll get swine flu and die." Everyone hates you when you wear those masks.

Doctor Sampson finally shows up...all this time Sis Card and I are laughing about how they're going to quarantine me. Tender Mercy, that girl is. :) Doc says "You look fine. Are you sure you have a temperature? OK, well here is some Tamaflu. You probably have swine flu. So, Sis Card, are you from Canada?" I'm thinking, "What in the world? I am dying and you want to talk to my comp about her heritage?" It was HILARIOUS!

They assigned us a secrutiy guard, who took us to my room. I was not to leave until Monday morning. They can't officially test for the flu on weekends, so that's why I had to wait. Let me tell you how fun it is to be confined to a 10 ft by 10 ft room. Well! Sis Card is a hoot, so I made it. I ate some of the avacados you sent me (PS so delicious! Everyone was jealous). I have some fun pics that are on their way.

Hour by hour, min by min I endured. I could only leave to use the bathroom across the hall. I was at the mercy of my roommates to get good food. Fantastic. This whole time, my prayers went like this, "Heavenly Father, if it doesn't really matter in the eternal scheme of things, I would love to go to class. I know I have the faith to be healed, so it's totally up to thy will. Please, when I go to get tested Monday, can I be negative?"

Monday morning rolls around. I feel pretty good. When I cough, instead of my lungs coming out...no, just kidding. I was okay, though. Sis Card and I make the walk down to the clinic, laughing the entire way. I had totally accepted the fact that I wouldn't see her for 5 days (that's how long they keep you in quarantine).

They call me in to be tested. I lay down on the doctor bed thing and she sticks a 12 foot broomstick up my nose with a cottom swab on the end. Can I tell you how much fun that is? "It'll take ten minutes to get your results back." Longest 6 years of my life. "If you're negative, you can go to class..." the invisible elipses there said, "but if you're positive, it's quarantine time for you. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200." Horrid, horrid experience. After an eternity or two, I can hear them talking about how someone is negative (they tested a bunch of us.)

The best words in the world were, "Sis Adamson, you are negative." So, then Sis Card's like "Umm, I don't feel so great. Baby fever perhaps? Can you test me?" Bamboo pole up the nose. She's negative as well. Hallelujah! I've never prayed so hard in my entire life. I would have felt awful if I gave it to my companion! She is an angel! So yeah. We took a picture of after our results. Good times. Since then, whenever I cough and people look at me like I am an untouchable, I say "I'm negative. Don't worry. I don't have swine flu."

After not going to class for 3 whole days, I felt SO behind! I missed sacrament meeting and everything. So weird! So yeah, I'm alive and kickin', but now our dear celestial teacher, Bro James Carlson probably has it. "We gave an angel the swine flu. There has got to be penalty for that." -Sis Card

Happy Father's day to dad. Happy birthday to Rob Merritt and Jess Boyd. Letters and Dear Elders are appreciated!! That way, I am not so stressed on P days reading everything! Friends can email, I just have to print them out and write a letter back. I love you all! Thanks for your prayers and your love.

Being a missionary is the best thing in the whole world. When I was confined to my room, I decided to start the Bible Dictionary. K, go and look up Pauline Epistles. You will learn a TON! Jesus is the Christ. Joseph Smith DID restore God's true church. If organized religion weren't important, He wouldn't have talked so much about it or put it together while He was on the earth with Apostles. Obviously we need the correct authority. Without the Atonement, we are hopeless. "With his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53: something something, probably verse 5). Take advantage!! I am so grateful to be here, serving the Lord! He has blessed me immensly. I love you all!

PS Sis Card's mom wrote a book about eating your food storage. "I Dare You To Eat It" by Leisa Card...she says you can sometimes check it out at libraries. Also, she does presentations in people's wards.

No comments:

Post a Comment