Tuesday, July 6, 2010

June 28, 2010 "Humidity, Humility"


We went golfing last Preparation Day. Me, Sis Hafen, Wathen and Finlayson.

More golfing. Here are our new Assistants to the President. Mini golfing was so fun!


This head-out-the-window picture is dedicated to BJ Vest and Jarom Moore. Also I heard Sean Vest is engaged? So fun!!

Homer and I studying from the Doctrine and Covenants


Hey everybody!

It was another one of those strange, dreamy weeks that came and went. I re-learned this week that doing small acts of service for people can change their day around and give them hope for tomorrow. We had a friend who was having a bad day and he said, "You're always asking what you can do for me. Could you pick me up a fountain drink?" He had to repeat it a few times for us to understand his Spanish accent. Being short on money causes lots of un-needed stress, huh? Anyway, we went the closest gas station and got him a soda. We gave it to him and sang him a song (Walk Tall, You're a Daughter, substituting his name for "daughter") and he cried. Turns out, we all just need a little love.

Sister Dimmick called to say hello and schedule a tour for the group she takes out here every year. That was fun to hear from her! They will be here on July 21st (my companion's last day as a missionary). Do I know anyone who is coming? I'm on shift, so I will probably take one of the groups.

We have two people who are preparing for baptism. I love the Holy Ghost. We're not here to convince people. We're just hear to remind them what they already know.

Last night, we got to watch our friend give his first father's blessing. It was so amazing. Wish there were words to describe the Spirit.

A theme for my life, it seems, has been how Heavenly Father likes to teach with contrast. Last week, we were around someone who is full of doubts and fear. A little confused is all, but still has a slight "dark" feeling. I went to return some shoes and walked in to to talk to what might as well have been an angel. She is a member of 4th ward, so I recognized her. We talked about how the work is going and suddenly I felt Light returning to me. I didn't realize how badly I had been suffocating. It brought a tear to my eye. The Spirit is so refreshing and edifying and I am so grateful.

I started a new journal. A positive one with a theme/topic on the top of each page. We also rearranged our furniture. I feel like we needed change. It felt really good!

Thanks for writing me. I need it. There is so much sadness is this world, it's energizing to hear good news. I am thankful the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is Perfect...because we are not. Don't forget you are a child of God with infinite worth, that the answers you are seeking are in the scriptures, and that your actions affect so many more people than you think.

Love you all!
Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment