Monday, August 24, 2009

August 19, 2009

Here is our district from this transfer. The elders who get to work in these kind of districts with so many sisters have to be good!

Matching outfits with Sister Black! Even the same bag from Sister Missionary Mall. Ha ha!

Choose the Right and Stay out of Missouri!! (This spider was dead. We thought it was a joke. It was real. So gross!)



This week, I ate raisins, mushrooms AND tuna. You heard right: tuna! All of the above are still disgusting, yes, but I did it! On to more important matters...

We cleaned up our area book even more so that Heavenly Father would bless us with more people to teach. We had two miracle days where we found a few potential families. In your face, Satan! One woman I'll tell you about, but with background first.

Sis Moody and I kept sticking on this one name, a less active member of our ward- R* Every time it came up we'd say "but she lives so far away. Let's just stick around these closer neighborhoods." But Heavenly Father didn't give up on her like we did. Finally, we just planned a day around her. It was R* Day. We were able to find lots of people home whose numbers we didn't have! It was fantastic! Right before our dinner appointment, we had a few minutes, so we decided to knock doors (something we hardly ever do since it's so unproductive usually). This one woman was about to say "I'm comfortable with my own religion, thanks" when Sis Moody complimented her on how much she had studied the scriptures. "Have you ever heard of the Book of Mormon?" (totally an approach we had practiced earlier). BAM! We were in! We told Joseph Smith's story. She was glued. We have a return appt this week. She's gonna get baptized, I know it. :)

Oh yeah. PS Transfers are tomorrow. I'll be in 4th ward for another transfer with Sis Moody.

Here are my goals this transfer:
-Eat 2 fruits and 1 veggie a day
-Do not pop my knuckles
-Pass off all 5 Lessons (then I can drive!)
-Read one BoM scripture in every lesson and on every tour

Funny quotes:

I feel like I'm turning into a robot on my tours. I always say the same thing -Me
If you're a robot, then I'm like a Power Ranger! - sis Moody

While praying "And please bless Sis M, even though she totally dogged us last time" -Sis Moody

And "We pray that we will be able to reach their hearts through their tummies with our delicious treats. We pray they will not burn this time." Sis Moody

While teaching an investigator about how you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost when you are baptized "So you're saying right now I am Holy Ghost-less?" -Sis Stanton's investigator

We had a goodbye breakfast this morning for 2 sisters who will be leaving us. One is cute Sis Rytting that knows the Wights. I'm gonna miss her because I feel like she is my connection to home. She is so much fun! And she has an incredible memory and has helped me understand the history here better. The other is our other VC leader, Sis Sheiss (my companion is the other one). She is wonderful and will be missed as well. This whole time, I've felt, has gone by way too quickly! Then this morning, as Sis Sheiss got up to talk about her mission, I felt for the first time that 18 months is forever away!! It was so overwhelming suddenly. I had a few rough minutes where I couldn't help but feel like a total loser who can't do anything right.

But then the Holy Ghost helped me remember what Elder Nelson (VC Director) had told me last week. I've heard it a million times, but it really helped today. "You aren't expected to know everything. That's why your'e here to learn." I think that applies to life, being a new mom, anything. We are here to learn. It's so easy to find yourself getting overwhelmed, but ... Hebrews 5:8-9 says Christ had to LEARN just like us. Even He, the Savior, the Son of God, had to be born a child. It's like Bishop Thayne always says: we are like 2-year olds.

I'm so grateful to be serving here in Zion, the New Jerusalem. I know Christ will keep His promise and return here someday. He knows sometimes I'm lonely and discouraged, but He always lifts me. He exaggerates my joys so that I can only remember them and not the negative moments. He keeps all His promises. I just need to work on my end of the deal :)

-Love your favorite mishamerry, Sister Roo

No comments:

Post a Comment