Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 5, 2008 -a little late, sorry!

I AM this big---->. *imagine pinching fingers*

We had Zone Conference this last Friday. I have never been so humbled by the Spirit in my whole life. One of our Assistants just got up and kept saying "Stop it! Stop giving only half your heart. Forget everything. Consecrate your whole self. Everything. Stop it!" It was so intense. I was asked to give the closing prayer. When I looked into the audience, there were no dry eyes. Of course, I cried throughout the prayer. I asked for forgiveness for each of us. I have so much to work on! That's what is so frustrating, though...I am living all the little rules. I always wake up on time, I study when I am supposed to, I talk to people. I just don't know HOW to consecrate my entire self. The other night, I told Heavenly Father I wasn't going to get off my knees until He told me one little thing I can do better. A line from PMG came to mind that says we should read the Book of Mormon in our appointments. So that is what I am working on this week. I encourage you to do the same thing. I think we get stuck on platues a lot- We can always do better. We can always come closer to Christ. Even the Prophet is human and has to repent every single day. I know the Lord will bless you, just as He did me and provide you with a little tiny thing you can do.

Yesterday was my first time trying this out. I promised God I would read at least one passage of BoM scripture in each lesson. I was on exchanges. It was super neat! A few times, people would say, "Now where was that verse? I'd like to read that again later." There is so much power in the Book of Mormon that we deny ourselves from feeling. It changes lives.

We taught a girl about my age this week from Community of Christ. It's so difficult because she reads the BoM, she believes Joseph Smith was a prophet, etc. She just doesn't believe she has received her answer that this is the ONLY true church. She had already been taught about temples and authority. We taught her about Brigham Young and committed her to pray to know that he is/was a true prophet. We were bold! We were crazy! We are not going to be wussy about this anymore. Either he is a prophet or he is not. When you find out that he is, nothing will stop you from enjoying the blessings of the FULLNESS of the Gospel. Ok, it was totally ridiculous. But we just do not click with her. She's a ballerina and is just very reserved...I don't know. It's so hard! We need to have a member present for the lesson for it to really get through to her.

We decided to try a little activity from PMG that suggests reading through the Former Investigators in your Area Book. See, all the past missionaries keep track of who they taught and the papers are kept in a binder at our apt. We saw the Teaching Record of this one woman. She is adorable! And so funny! She wants to come to church. She had just been moving and busy with other things, but is ready to learn from the missionaries again. Expect miracles, I'm tellin' ya. :)

And also Pres. VK has quite the vision. He wants us (OK, the Lord wants us and told us through Pres) to have 200 investigators at church on Sunday mission wide. Our average is...oh no. I can't remember suddenly, but not at all that high...We can do it! Sis Moody and I will probs get at least 4 at church, if not like 10. We have so many people to teach right now.

The **'s are a family that have been out of town and we are finally teaching them. Their daughter is a cancer survivor. She is super cute, hairless, very talkative...just the most tender lil muffin. We had them come to the VC. Again, we were bold and said "this is the only church that can offer binding powers through the priesthood that seals families for eternity." They just ate it up. They are the family-did I tell you about how a woman in our ward came last time and connected perfectly with the husband? So great! The Lord knows what He is doing.

Love you all! I feel your prayers when I'm having a frustrating day. Jesus is the Christ. He is central to everything, so make Him central in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment