Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24, 2009 New P-day

Again, sorry, I got last weeks letter up today, so there are two new ones. Be sure to read the last post. Roo surprised us with a letter today instead of Wednesday. -Andrea

Hey,

I hope everybody is doing okay. I don't have much to say this time. I survived one transfer!! Mondays are my new preparation day. We have it with all the elders, so we apparently will be playing sports all day. Don't expect me to write many letters this transfer...I'm apologizing in advance. Soccer Ball+ Me= no letters for you. Sah-ree!

We had our ward luau with giant pig and all. It was so much fun! It's a huge deal in the ward. There's an elder in our ward who is from Hawaii and he's like "I've never been so trunky [homesick] before! You're playing all my favorite songs and eating all my favorite foods." We had some of our investigators come and also talked with one Catholic woman and invited her to come have a little bible study with us...woohoo! Little does she know, our message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is gonna blow her mind!

Sweet miracle from this week: OK, we found her a while back when we knocked on her door, expecting it to be a ward member. This person had apparently moved, but she wanted us to come back to do a lesson with her kids. We called a number of times and stopped by any time we were in the area. 2 days ago, after our companionship prayer, we decided we would try one last time and then put her on hold/drop her. You can't waste time with something this important. There are plenty of people out there who don't know about Jesus Christ. Sorry...tangent. So we knock on her door. No answer. We get back into the car to discuss our backup ideas. We're totally frustrated and neither of us wants to say out loud that it's time to drop this woman. The phone rings and it's her. She's not home, but felt like she needed to call us. She asked us to pray for her, that she lost her job and feels like Satan is attacking her right now. She's a very happy person, but feels down right now. "Something is missing." We told her it's definitely no coincidence that we ran into her at this time. Our message is exactly what she is missing. She needs to know that the Fullness of the Gospel is available, not just parts. Yeah! We are teaching her tonight and plan to bring a ward member.

Other than that, nothing too huge...

A few missionaries left on Thursday, which made me feel really overwhelmed that I have so much to learn in so little time! Man, this is humbling!

Another thing that hit me the other day, after watching a clip of Pres Hinckley (one we watch every single day at the VC like 20 times...okay like 4 a day, but still) bearing his testimony, was that I can know those same things. I can know that Jesus is the Christ and that Joseph Smith is the Lord's prophet, chosen to help restore all eternal truths. I can know this is the only true Church and not just a "good" church or even a church where the Spirit is present during sermons. We all can have that third member of the Godhead witness to us of these truths. Isn't that incredible? I think so :)

I'm off to wash the car. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment