Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 25, 2010 "Rolla Coasta"

Never a dull moment

L-R: Sister Velky (recent convert, we will be moving into her house next month); Sister Chandler; the pistachio cake she made me!!; me, happy to be eating a green cake




Hello everyone!

Hope you are having a fabulous week. Thank you for your letters and support. I have the best friends and family ever.

OK, first things first:
1. We got approved to play LASER TAG as a zone next preparation day!
2. Elder Bednar is coming to the mission Feb 6th!
3. I saw a UFO is someone's backyard the other day
4. Last night, Sister Frandsen made me laugh so hard that I threw up
5. I learned this week what a google is. Now you're curious, aren'tcha?
6. I also learned an apple a day not only keeps the doctor away, but gives you the energy that a cup of coffee would and is nature's toothbrush
7. Sister Frandsen and I are morphing into one. When we watch videos that we have made, we honestly cannot tell who is who
8. One of our golden investigators is now in jail. That is rough
9. People here put deer heads in their trees
10. I love reading the Book of Mormon

It's been an interesting week, as you can see. Miracle story time. Last Tuesday, we get a call out of the blue. "Hi, my name is A---. I would like to join your church. When can we get together?" We pretty much dropped everything and went over there. We committed her and her daughter for baptism on the 31st. Her husband is less active. Somehow, their family did not show up on our list of people to visit. Holy smokes. It was phenomenal. We have since taught her a few more times and she came to church yesterday! She is bi-polar and experiences a lot of anxiety in large crowds. It was kind of overwhelming, but still things went well. It's a good thing it's a branch, so there are only like 50 people at church. Before you know it, it will be a ward at the rate things are going.

I never want to go back to the Visitor's Center. Transfer calls are a week from now. Both Sis F and I feel we will stay together in Mound City, but you never know.

Life is good, life is great. Hard things happen, but it's kind of a compliment from Heavenly Father because he knows you can handle it. Love you all!! Read the Book of Mormon. It is Christ's words. It will make you happy.

-Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment