Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 1, 2010 "Not Much to Report On"

Hi everyone,

A happiest of birthdays to Jessyka Hyer! And a new temple announced in Payson? Holy smokes! Well, you may have a new temple coming, but I get to meet David Bednar.

This week, I had a challenge with food poisoning (perhaps under-cooked meat?) and spent some hours recovering in the Chandler's basement. I learned two very important things: First, I appreciate now more than every the opportunity to proselyte. My spirit wanted to get to work, but my poor body needed rest. It was frustrating. Second, I learned that in slower times, the adversary is extra clever in his ways. More than normal, negative thoughts crept into my mind as I got my health back. I am sure he knows that meeting with an Apostle this week will help me be a better missionary. He does not want me to have more motivation, a stronger testimony and improved missionary skills after this Saturday.

I am so grateful for the power of prayer. And for a companion who is patient and loving. I am so happy to be serving with Sister Frandsen in Mound City. It has been such a blessing.

We have been teaching this woman lately. The elders had left some notes, saying they met her while out inviting people to the First Pres. Christmas Devotional in December. "Not much potential. Said maybe she would watch the devotional. Maybe check up on her." Well! Have we got news for you, elders! She shared with us last time that she had been praying for God to lead her to the right church to join. Minutes later, who comes knocking at her door but two representatives of the Savior, inviting her to a message from Him, from His chosen living, modern Prophet? Wow. I am amazed each time something like this happens how beautifully our lives are woven together. So she is searching. She has been reading the assigned chapters and has been exploring Mormon.org. I love this work! We are the guides to help people find happiness. We= you and I, by the way.

I miss Utah. I miss the mountains. I have figured out something about the people in Kansas, though. They must have a lot of faith...because where are all the mountains?

Also I heard PETA is trying to change the groundhog into a robot? I have this feeling Sis F is leaving me. I hope my new companion is just as solid.

We had an amazing day yesterday! We had one of our dearest friends who hasn't come to church in a while--come. She is the bomb. Also a nonmember daughter of a recent convert in the ward may be moving down here and wants to start coming to church every week. Here's the miracle though: she starts describing where she lives up in Independence and it's right where we used to be almost every day! She is in my last area! Remember the "shoe miracle" lady who got baptized? Yeah, this girl lives just houses away. How we never met her, I have no idea. but I will tell my last companion to visit her ASAP. I get to see everybody on Saturday at the all mission conference with E Bednar.

And also at this big potluck dinner with the branch after church, I started putting lots and lots of "Parmesan cheese" on my chili and looked at the container, only to read "Creole pepper" something something. I no longer have tastebuds.

Love you!

Sis. A.

No comments:

Post a Comment