Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 8, 2010 "Still in Mound City"

The usual Kansas scene

Pics with Sister Frandsen

Pics with Sister Frandsen

?? who knows. I promise I am a missionary and I work hard

All the sisters at the transfer bus

Sis F saying goodbye to Mom Chandler and Prez at the transfer bus

Our darling little Iola (eye-OH-luh) district

Our Relief Society (the most we have had show up in a while)

My new companion Sister Hafen (yes, related to Bruce C. Now go read his Atonement talk)



I love gmail!! (myldsmail just changed to gmail)

Me at the dentist

***A little late, sorry! -Andrea***

Hello!
I am seriously so happy today! The meeting with Elder Bednar was amazing, of course. He talked about some things that are happening in this area to prepare for the second coming. Too bad he made us raise our hands and not email home about it. Wish you were here.
He opened it up to a question/answer for almost an hour. I asked what it is like when a member of the 12 apostles dies and a new one is chosen. He says it can happen 3 ways. Either the prophet just chooses someone and they vote on it, he will talk to his counselors and then they vote, or they (all 15) discuss it and vote. He said "most" of the recent changes have been the latter. I asked what it feels like. He says it is just like choosing a counselor when you are in a presidency. It makes sense and you just "know". He said it's like 3 AM where the sun is just starting to come up, then it pops out. Revelation is interesting, huh? I know that man is truly a special witness of the name of Christ. It was so overwhelming when he walked into the room. I know it.
I have a new companion. Her name is Sister Caitlin Hafen. She is from San Jorge, UT and we are so similar. She said the only lie she tells on her mission is how she is allergic to fish. Also we both love Gmail, matching white hangers and using apostrophes correctly. She is the best. She has this witty humor, the under-your-breath kind. It makes me laugh so hard!

We had a neat experience with this lady. She was a referral from this amazing man who told us like 9 people to go visit. She answered the door and must have been having a bad day because she was kind of cold and short with us. We gave her our card and bore our testimonies and left. Then a few days later, someone else referred her. "She is having a hard time and could really use some cheering up." Odd. So this week when we volunteered at the Methodist Food Bank, we got a box of groceries for her. I was terrified to talk to her again, so I figured we could just drop the box off. We decided to leave another card with our number and the 1-800 for a free Bible. We prayed that God would either confirm our idea or give us a new one. Sister H says "I really think we should talk to her." Done. So we knock on the door (I'm shakin' in my boots). Her face turns from confused to angry to BAWLING. She invited us in and we prayed with her family. It was such a beautiful, spiritual experience. I know Heavenly Father knows each of us on a personal level. He cared that their cute little family needed some apples and potatoes. I love being an instrument in His Perfect hands.

Man! This branch is the best. I love introducing Sister H to people in the branch because I know she will love them. We got teamups for every day this week. Last month, they gave us less miles to drive, but then our district leader wrecked thier car into a creek and now we have more miles again.

I am doing well. I am loving life. I am feeling more energized these days. It's funny. I was reading the notes taken on the blessings I got before I left and I was told I would be blessed with exactly the things I have been struggling with recently. I just need to trust Heavenly Father more. I know He lives and I know He will help us. Love you all!

Sister Adamson

PS I got to see Sister Howe (my trainee from Inde) and she cried when she saw me. We hugged and hugged and she updated me on everyone. She said the dad of a part-member family agreed to take the lessons! I can't believe it! Awww...

No comments:

Post a Comment