Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 8, 2010 "Halfway Done"

Companion Sister Hafen

We decided to go on a road trip to Europe. Do you see the population?

The 5 Stooges

Our PB&J demonstration to show how the Book of Mormon and the bible support each other. We made a sandwich with too much jelly for an elder and he struggled through it. Then we made another and he goes "mmmm, the fullness of the everlasting Gospel". It was hilarious!






It's true. March 2nd was my halfway mark. To celebrate, we bought ice cream (1/2 the fat) and ate in the park in a "Lil Johnny Deere" tractor. Pretty much the coolest party I've ever attended, besides that animal party at The Riv last year. Wish you were there!

This week, we had a fun little countryside photo shoot. I may just use the rest of the time attaching photos. You'll love me after.

It was a weird week. A lot of our appointments fell through. I feel like my weaknesses are more apparent than ever. What is frustrating is that there are things I thought I had mastered that suddenly are problems again. We (Sis Hafen and I) decided we have the same weaknesses. Both of us have had people in the past, companions for example, who have taken care of the "hard stuff" for us. Both are afraid of old people. Both hate making phone calls. Whenever I set a goal, I talk to her about and she will say "I'm working on that, too." It's weird. I can't explain it. I used to be able to invite people to do things and now the commitments I extend are wishy-washy. I don't know what the deal is. BUT What is amazing is that I am coming out of this rut. I no longer feel like I'm stuck on a plateau. We are improving. We are involving the Lord more. We are getting better.

I promise I'm fine. However, words of encouragement are always appreciated. My companion would love to get a letter.

"Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends." I hope when you hear that, you remember how much your older brother, Jesus Christ, loves you. That was one of the scriptures that our sacrament hymn referred. It meant a lot to me when I read it this week.

Sorry this isn't very long. I don't even remember this week. But I can tell you what I do know- prayer works. Heavenly Father does answer them. Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Roo

PS transfers are next week, so only write to the La Cygne address until Monday the 15ish because by the 17th, I could be somewhere else. You can always write the mission office one in Independence, though. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment