Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 17, 2010 "Happiness!"

I loved this sign. We ARE on a mission! Go missionary work!

Remnant Church. So weird. They are all over here.

This is me after the rain. I am wither a drowned rat or a wet puppy. Who knows?

We bought a flower for our investigator who got offended. Then it started raining like no other. It was great! My darling companion in the rain.

We went to the mall last Preparation Day. I think of it kind of like the Spirit World...for my companion, it was Paradise. For me, I was dying a little bit inside. It was bad enough as a normal person, but as a missionary, the mall is the WORST.



I am finally starting to figure out who Hermana Adamson is and how Roo fits into all of that. I am loving my mission again and am much, much happier. Sister Wathen and I have way too much fun together (in between teaching appointments, of course!). I just want to say that I love her and she is saving me.

Language: I'm getting more and more confident talking in Spanish. I gave my first lesson in Spanish to an investigator who wants to get baptized. Good thing I know what "estoy movando" means. Yeah, we looked up the church building in Alabama, where she will be attending. I hope the elders there will take good care of her. She is a doll.

Area/Ward: the Inde 3rd ward is the most missionary-minded ward in the universe. I'm pretty sure. But I don't know cuz I've only served in 4 wards. Bishop was pretty much yelling at the ward council, telling them to give us more referrals. And it worked! We had so many nonmembers in sacrament meeting yesterday! Also, 3 of the less active families we have been working with actually came! Miracles happen. We have 3 famililes introducing us to their friends this week. That's all it takes to see if someone is ready for the Gospel. Just have them meet the full-time missionaries. Next.

Weather: I love rain, it's true. However, this has been the longest winter in the history of time. I'm beginning to get sick of rain rain rain. It's beautiful, though, so it's worth it. There were full-out rivers in the streets the other day. Buckets and buckets of rain.

D&C 82:22 says to be nice to bad guys because they won't kill you. Isn't that weird? Has anyone ever seen that verse before?

Also I'm following up--who has a good caption for the Comm of Christ temple picture with the sunlight coming down (from May 3rd letter)? I know I have clever friends and family. Come on!

Oh, someone I worked with in 4th ward is getting baptized. We invited him a long, long time ago and he most definitely denied. It's an older man and he said to us, back then, "We're going to have to quit you for a while". So we put them on hold, then the sisters who are there now just kept working with him. Turns out all he needed was a friend. Now he will be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. Amazing.

I want to formally apologize to all of you who have written me letters and I haven't written back. Sorry. I still love you, I promise.

Hermana Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment