Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 24, 2010 "Referencias y Milagros"

You'd think with these pictures that no work gets done out here!

I was on a tour downstairs and Sis Wathen came up and said "There's a Spanish tour they need you to take! Upstairs" I was so stressed. but I walk up there and see my friends from Mound City (It was a trick) !! I threw my books down and shouted (maybe too loudly). So fun! I love visitors. So great! I miss those country folks so badly. So that's 2 groups of Mound City visitors in the last 2 weeks. I love my life.



We finally had a successful week. I feel good! This ward is amazing. We've had about 5 referrals from ward members of their friends who want to learn about the Gospel. Funny how easy it is so just say to a friend "Hey, do you want to come to church with me?" So we got introduced to a few of them at church yesterday. As people feel the goodness and truth of what we teach, I am sure they will want to join and enjoy the phenomenal blessings the Restored Gospel provides.

My companion and I were feeling a little overwhelmed (that seems to happen more and more the longer I am out) and were talking, "How can we feel our worth more? How can we better understand our Divine nature?" Ding! We called up our YW president and asked if we could have one of those new Personal Progress manuals. I have such a strong testimony that Personal Progress works. No, you're not doing it to earn certificates and necklaces. You are actually becoming more Christlike, one day at a time, as you do the activities which help you increase each value. It is an inspired program and I didn't understand the worth when I was a young woman. But I do now.

Quote from this week: "KC is not Kansas City anymore. It's Keep the Commandments" - Brother C in the Inde 3rd ward.

I took a tour in Spanish where the woman had terminal cancer. She's been given a month to live. It was life-changing. That's about all I can say. She will be instantly celestialized, I'm pretty sure. and I do believe in the gift of tongues. I have no idea what I said on that tour, but it was what she needed. I love the help I have been receiving lately from my Father in Heaven.

We went to contact a less active young single adult and found out she is pregnant. She will be giving the baby up for adoption. I think before my mission, I would have thought unconsciously how terrible that is. But as we talked, I just felt so much love for her. I wanted to help her through it, encourage her and invite her to do things that would get her confidence back. It's such a blessing to feel how much God loves His children. Yes, blessings may be conditional on our actions, but His love is unconditional. And He wants us to have those blessings. Imagine that! A father who gives gifts to His children. Of course! But we forget...His arms are always outstretched. Arms of Mercy. Arms of Strength. When we give up on ourselves and feel we are of no worth, we can be sure that He has not and never will.

Thank you friends and family...family-friends. You are the best! Keep my companion in your prayers. She hasn't been feeling well lately.

Luff you muchly.
Hermana Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment