Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 5, 2010 "No Tengo Tiempo"

Hey, everybody.

I have like five seconds to write. Sorry. Weird day. As always. Here are some quick highlights:
Sis Nelson and I have the opportunity to attend an endowment session and a sealing of V*** that I helped teach last summer. AMAZING! Such a miracle. I am so happy for her and her husband. It's incredible to see people progress. Ahh! I love missionary work.

My biggest challenge right now is trying to not be sleepy. One room for four sister missionaries, snoring, late-night bathroom stops...and million degree temperature makes for a very sleepy Hermana Roo. So I will keep eating my apples and all the stuff I have been advised to do. Pray for me to have energy. It's the worst! My heart wants to go work, work, work, but then my body is like "Buhhh...too tired." but the Spirit is keeping me afloat. :)

I wanted to put a link to my favorite "Mormon Messages" clip, but I can't get to it. Go Youtube it. Its' called "Create". It's amazing. It'll change your life. I used to watch it almost every day at the Inde VC.

Ahh! Five seconds left, basically. Ummm, work is going well. We should have 2 baptisms this week of children who are [WERE!] in a part-member family. T** is their dad. He's the one that got baptized 2 weeks ago. Then we have another person lined up for Oct 20th. He's waiting for his father to receive the Melqu., priesthood, so he can confirm him. We got like 3 more member referrals this week. Man, the work is movin' forward. I wish I had more time to explain. Sorry. I do love you, though.

Things at the jail are going great. Spanish is...less than great. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten everything I have learned. BUT! We have 3 people who speak Spanish that we are teaching now. We have a second appt. with one tonight.

Other things of note: we're getting new Area Books. We are to go through and pains-takingly dissect the old one, call all the people and get everything transferred over. And...drum roll...Richard G. Scott is coming to visit the mission. He heard I was going home soon, so he thought he'd come visit :) He will be here Nov. 20th. Mom and Dad, you should come a little earlier to see him. J/K.

Love you all. Keep it up. Don't forget that you promised you would "always remember Him."

Con amor,
La Hna Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment