Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 24, 2010 "Tim Tams and Tornadoes"

Ensign pics

Ensign pics

Ensign pics

Polynesian store

Clinton's Soda Fountain. So adorable. It was Sis Ika's birthday.


I was on the phone doing what they call "accountability" with our district leader, where I give him updates on our investigators, who is preparing for baptism, etc. It was like 10:25 PM and he's wrapping up the conversation and goes. "Good,. Just enough time to sing the snowman song with you, Sister Adamson. Will you start us off?" No need to tell me twice. So this is "In the sun he melted, melted, melted..." Hilarious. I love our elders!


Once upon a time when I loved at Glenwood in P-town, we had a friend named Erik. Well, he lives here! He attends the singles branch in Inde, so I get to see him a lot. He and Tiffany brought the sisters purple rice crispies treats. It dyed my mouth purple so we had a get a pic.


This little girl I took on tour with her mom. They came in right after a funeral and wanted a spiritually uplifting experience. Done. She toted around my Book Of Mormon like it was her favorite thing in the world. Everyone just fell in love with her. "Mommy. that's Jesus. And this is Jesus' Home!". My heart melted.

I'm back in Kansas...J/K

This is a presentation at the VC and it was broken so I got to climb inside and fix it! So fun!

Tim Tam Slams!! We even got legit Tim Tams and drank it with real live barley stuff from Australia. I love my life. I was so happy!



And...my new flower from the Polynesian store. Cute, huh? It's the new thing at the VC with all our Poly sisters. I'm sucha palogi (white girl) but who cares? This is one of those "Hmm, if I were a normal person, I would make this my Facebook Profile" type of pictures. :D


Hi Ev'ybodthy,

["Hi Dr Nick"]. So I forgot my planner, which means I have no clue what happened this week. I will try my best to remember. I have a feeling this email will be a bit sporadic. My apologies.
It's slowing down at the VC. We are only taking like 2 or 3 families through a day instead of the constant flow, where it was 5 or 6.

J is still getting baptized. Some small changes will need to happen first though. He's doing great. We had an appointment with their family, but there was a tornado warning and the most beautiful lightning storm I've ever seen and...the power went out. Next time! We've been working together with the elders to teach him since he has such a weird work schedule. The elders have much more time then we do. Blessing!

Last Preparation Day was fun. We took all sorts of "Ensign" pictures. We're such geeks. I'll be sure to attach them.

It was a really good week. I wish I had a better memory. I'm so sorry. Next time I'll be sure to bring my planner. I feel terrible.

Umm, we had Tim Tam Slams! That was a highlight fo sho'!

We found five new investigators this week. Miracles! Church tours work. This one family went on a church tour and then came to church the next day and I know it's because they felt the Spirit on the tour. Amazing!

I think this week we taught more Spanish lessons than...ever. So good! Too bad my companion doesn't speak and neither do our teamups usually. At some points, I would whisper, "We're talking about Joseph Smith. Do you want to share your testimony?" Then I would translate. It worked really well. Any suggestions of how to include people who are there who don't speak Spanish? That would be nice. Thanks!

Well, I'll end with my testimony because that's really all that counts. It's all we get to take with us when we die. The Lord cares about the little things. How we feel. The people we talk to. If we're happy. And he will help us. New favorite scripture (Isaiah 63:7-9):

7 ¶ I will mention the alovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great bgoodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.
8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their aSaviour.
9 In all their aaffliction he was afflicted, and the bangel of his cpresence saved them: in his dlove and in his pity he eredeemed them; and he bare them, and fcarried them all the days of old.

It's true! He loves you. He is there. Keep your chin up. If it's hard now, it will get better. We are promised that. If it's easy now, get ready because it's about to get hard. :)

Love you all. I'll try to write more letters. I can't promise anything. I promise I do love you though.

-Hermana Roo Adamson

PS My spell check says lovingkindness isn't a word. Could someone let Isaiah know that? That'd be great. Ok, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment