Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31, 2010 "Cabin Fever and a Fiesta"


Cabin Fever

Mormon Hangover

The Fiesta





Roadtrip up Provo Canyon. Here's our bridal veil and Deer Creek (its' actually Bass Pro Shop's waterfall)


I am so going to be in the Red Hat Club when I am fifty and over




Hey everyone,

Hermana Roo here. Transfer calls are tonight. I'm so torn. I have two left, so it's stay in Inde, shipped out to Kansas or get sent to Jail. We shall see!

Weird week. My companion had an infection and we went to the doctor three times to get it taken care of, then checked on. I got to play nurse, which was fun. She is such a trooper. I have to force her to sit down, drink more water and take her pills. Love her. But...I went a little stir crazy staying inside several days in a row. I couldn't remember how to give a tour at the VC!

We do this really, really difficult thing at the VC called "referral calls." Well, as proof that Heavenly Father has a ridiculous sense of humor, he called me to be the Referral Manager. OK, I hate making these calls. "Hi, your friend wanted me to call you and talk about the Church?" They're just...hard. As the Referral "Queen" as we call it, I got to plan a party as long as we crossed off 500 names. Boo-yah. Done. So we had a fiesta last night. Way too fun. We had a pinata where the VC director put in little prizes like control top nylons, shampoo, stamps, etc. Hilarious!! I loved it. I got to decorate and be the boss pretty much. Felt like I was in college again. I was totally in my element, up my alley. Very, very fun. And we all had mustaches. Our neighbors must think we are so strange.

Miracle of miracles! Sis Love in 4th ward saw a man at the Laundromat, felt prompted to give him a pass-along card. The Spirit told her three times to turn around. She finally did. He asked questions, gave his address and came into the VC. They taught him, he loved it. He is in my ward boundaries! He's from Mexico, but has lived in the US for 20 years.

So in our study in the morning, we practiced committing for baptism. I felt like Sis Clark needed to have that opportunity today with this man. His name is Antonio. We joked about how he's so great, he probably would ask us to be baptized. I have never met a more prepared person in my life. We taught him yesterday at the VC. I know God leads this work. I know it.

We took him through the presentation "God's Plan for His Family", which provides an introduction to Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and talks about how the Gospel has been restored for families. Pure, simple truths. At the end, he had lots of questions, very Spirit-guided. We bore testimony of the reality of the Savior and how He personally leads this Church. He said he already believes the Book of Mormon is scripture. We walked over to the Christus statue. There was Jesus, with His arms out, perfect and white, like He was waiting for us. Then Antonio says, "When I walked in, that older gentleman asked if I was a member. I don't really know what that means, but I would like to be. What to I need to do to be a member of this Church?" Sister Clark and I looked at each other and laughed. I explained that we were laughing because no one had ever asked us that before. It was beautiful. Timing was just right, the environment was wonderful for revelation. He accepted a baptismal date of September 18th. That is the best feeling in the world. I don't need drugs or boys to give me that adrenalin rush. When a son or daughter of God remembers the Truths they were taught before they come to Earth and suddenly everything becomes clear...being a part of that is unlike anything else. After that. he asked how soon we could meet again. Who is this man? It's like he had studied Preach My Gospel and knew just what to commit himself to. We go to leave and he says, "Is it OK if I stay here for a while to pray more?"

I know this Church is true.

Later in the afternoon, we invited another person to set a new date, since he wasn't baptized on his initial date. The 25th. And the elders in our ward have a whole family preparing! Miracles in the field! No let's make it happen everywhere.

Another huge miracle: We met with E, whose husband is a member and has not been interested in the Church's teachings (hmm, turns out they are God's teachings) or missionaries. I might have written a little about her last week. They came into the VC. She softened a little bit and agreed to have us over to show off her cooking skills. Somehow, I was able to talk to her? Gift of Tongues. We went over for Honduran-style chicken and rice this week. It went pretty well. It was super spicy and my poor companera was sick that day from her infection. I loved it, though. But most importantly, we got in the door. We bore testimony. We were her friend.

We did stay in a lot this week, so nothing else really to report. I'm doing great!! I'm nervous about the calls tonight. I'm happy. I'm preachin' the word. I'm currently studying the New Testament. My companion's wearing an old shirt of mine right now. The Library smells like B.O. My new favorite snack is pumpkin seeds and I've got the whole VC hooked on it. I wear my new Polynesian flower all the time. There have been a couple more tornado warnings. Todd Wight is the coolest person in the whole world. I color-coded a copy of my patriarchal blessing and would recommend anyone to do it as well. Lots of people in Missouri drive PT Cruisers and have mullets. I still don't know about Kaylee's baby!!!! It's my sister Shayla's birthday today and it was Soapy's yesterday. Research shows longer naps help boost memory and enhance creativity.

And...I love you all!

Luff Luff Luff.

Hna Roo Adamson

PS please keep sending me pictures. Email is best. I just can't email back.

No comments:

Post a Comment